- Ongoing Child Perception in Society and Approach to
- Children Children’s Rights and Child Participation
- Children’s Bodily Autonomy and the Concept of Consent for Children
- Definition and Various Types of Sexual Abuse
- False Facts about Sexual Abuse
- Protective-Preventive Approach and Good Practices
- Recognizing Sexual Abuse and Methods of Intervention
- Adults’ Responsibilities in the Struggle against Sexual Abuse
- The Reporting Obligation and the Legal Dimension
- Materials and Recommendations for Seminars for Adults
It is an impactful program that raises awareness in the field of abuse and bodily autonomy and that invigorates curiosity about the subject.
“Children’s Bodily Autonomy Dissemination Program” FROM PAST TO PRESENT
We implemented the ‘Child Tells, Make Sure You Listen; Prevent Abuse!’ campaign led by the Social Equality Division of the Şişli Municipality in March 2018, through which we served as an example of the protective and preventive efforts that local administrations could develop to struggle against sexual abuse. Within the scope of the campaign, we organized awareness-raising seminars and full-day training series for the municipality staff during the year 2018. Following the campaign, we received strong demand from Istanbul and from all around Turkey. So, we decided to develop an exemplary dissemination program to be transferred from adults to other adults, a model that would have a perspective with children’s bodily autonomy, privacy, and participation rights in its focus. In January 2019, with the support of the Support Foundation for Civil Society (STDV) Children’s Fund and with the partnership of Şişli Municipality, we organized 2 workshops for practitioners that lasted 3 days each and we prepared a program module that would disseminate a social approach, in which children’s bodily autonomy would get defined, recognized and respected. Within the scope of the program, we have reached out to about 3000 adults through various municipalities and municipality staff since 2019.