Clarification Text on Members of the Association
Clarification Text Prepared within the Scope of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data (KVKK)
This Clarification Text herein has been prepared in accordance with Article 10 of Law on the Protection of Personal Data (KVKK) No. 6698, in order to enlighten and inform you as the data controller by CŞMD, as a part of its obligation, regarding your personal data that you can share with us with reference to the relevant section of the website: https://cinselsiddetlemucadele.org/.
Association for Struggle Against Sexual Violence
Clarification Text on Members of the Association within the Scope of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data (KVKK)
We, as the Association for Struggle Against Sexual Violence (“CŞMD”), are aware of the fact that how important the safety of your data is for you. Therefore, we would like to inform you about the processing of your personal data.
This Clarification Text herein is prepared by CŞMD as a data controller, in order to enlighten and inform you in accordance with Article 10 of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data (KVKK) No. 6698, regarding the processing of personal data you can share with us regarding the membership process of our Association.
Within this Clarification Text herein, we aim to inform you about the identity of CŞMD (KVKK 10.a), for what purposes your personal data that you may share with us will be processed (KVKK 10.b), to whom and for what purposes your processed personal data can be transferred (KVKK 10.c), our data collection methods and legal grounds/conditions behind (KVKK 10.ç) and your rights in that regard (KVKK 10.d).
- Identity of Data Controller (KVKK 10.a)
This Website herein belongs to the Association for Struggle Against Sexual Violence and your personal data, which you can share with us, will be preserved and protected by Association for Struggle Against Sexual Violence as the data controller.
- Purpose of Processing Your Personal Data (KVKK 10.b)
We process your personal data that you may share with us based on the membership relation with our Association within the scope of the relevant legislation and our Association’s Statute (Bylaws) to the extent that deemed necessary.
- ID information: Name, surname, ID number, ID information.
- Contact information: Contact address, phone number and email address, as well as information about the mobile phone number, fax number or other communication channels that we can reach you, if any, in order to communicate with our Association.
- Information on Workplace and Education: Within the scope of membership to our Association, the name of the place where you work, your position there, most recent employment and most recent degree obtained at school.
- The Special Categories of Your Personal Data: Although our Association does not aim directly to process this information, this covers the information on your membership to associations, which is voluntarily affirmed by a reference person or as by you yourself.
- Your Financial Information: Bank details, bank account number, IBAN number, explanations, the amount of donation or membership fee.
The purposes behind your personal data to be processed by our Association are as follows:
Getting membership applications, activating membership and ensuring the members’ information is accurate and up-to-date, communicating with our members, following up and responding to members’ requests and complaints, and ensuring that the Association’s publications and announcements are sent to the members,
Conducting our activities in line with the purposes set out in our Association’s bylaws/statute, planning and conducting events and providing our members with the opportunity to benefit from these activities by informing our members about them,
In line with the purposes and fields of activity in the Association’s bylaws/statute, informing our members by the promotion and announcement of the activities and events of our Association, sharing the booklets, brochures, e-magazines, etc. prepared, with them and informing them by the announcements via the Association’s websites and social media accounts such as Instagram and Twitter,
Keeping and maintaining the Association’s books and records as stipulated in Law on Associations No.5253 and other relevant legislation,
Receiving membership fees and annual membership fees, participation fees for events and accordingly, issuing documents regarding such payments and receipts for members,
- Transfer of Your Personal Data and the Purpose of Transferring (KVKK 10.c)
In this section, your personal data that you can share with us can be transferred in line with conditions and methods stated below:
Your personal data regarding the membership to the Association will be shared with the relevant institutions and organizations in order to fulfill the legal obligations of CŞMD, as limited to the condition that it is necessary to share this data in order to fulfill an obligation under the legislation or if it is stipulated by any legislation in force during the period of processing personal data, including the Law on Associations No. 5223 and the Regulation on Associations.
In the event that you are a member of the Association or you take part in the bodies of the Association as the real person representative of the legal person; your ID Information, Contact Information and information on your occupation will be shared with the Provincial Directorate of Associations and other relevant public institutions and organizations; since it is a legal liability and mandatory for CŞMD as the data controller to fulfill its legal obligations in order to fulfill various obligations pursuant to the Law of Associations and secondary legislation.
In the event that there is any dispute arising out regarding the rights or obligations of the Members or regarding the membership to the Association, on the condition that it is related to this related dispute and limited to that extent, your Personal Data may be shared with CŞMD’s lawyers, consultants and relevant judicial authorities and enforcement authorities when data processing by CŞMD, as the data controller, is necessary for the establishment, exercise or protection of any right.
In case it is necessary for CŞMD to perform the above-mentioned data processing purposes and activities within the scope of the Association’s Statute/Bylaws, such data can be shared by CŞMD as the data controller with the parties, from whom CŞMD get service, support and consultancy such as accountants, financial advisors and third parties within the country, within the legitimate interest pursued by CŞMD, provided that data processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or protection of any right and if this does not violate your fundamental rights and freedoms.
In addition to the abovementioned cases, your Personal Data can be shared with relevant official bodies and institutions, judicial bodies and relevant third parties, if it is necessary to fulfill the legal obligations stipulated by any legislation in force during the period of relevant action or date of request, in case of such a request made by an official body.
- Method of Collection of Personal Data and Legal Reasons Behind (KVKK 10
The personal data you share with us here are processed in line with the conditions stated under Article 5 of KVKK as “It is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to”; “It is expressly provided for by the laws”; “Processing of personal data of the parties of a contract is necessary, provided that it is directly related to the establishment or performance of the contract”; “Processing of data is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by the data controller, provided that this processing shall not violate the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject”.
Your personal data are collected and processed verbally or in written format or under digital environments via the documents physically submitted or transferred electronically during the membership application to CŞMD; via your reference persons; via the information provided to the Association staff within the scope of various communications made with the Association (such as contacting the Association by phone or e-mail).
- Your Legal Rights (KVKK 10.d)
We would like to state that, within the scope of Article 11 of KVKK, you have the right to request:
- a) to learn whether your personal data are processed or not,
- b) to demand for information as to if your personal data have been processed,
- c) to learn the purpose of the processing of your personal data and whether these personal data are used in compliance with the purpose,
ç) to know the third parties to whom your personal data are transferred in country or abroad,
- d) to request the rectification of the incomplete or inaccurate data, if any,
- e) to request the erasure or destruction of your personal data under the conditions referred to in Article 7 of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data,
- f) to request reporting of the operations carried out pursuant to sub-paragraphs (d) and (e) to third parties to whom your personal data have been transferred,
- g) to object to the occurrence of a result against the person yourselves by analyzing the data processed solely through automated systems,
ğ) to claim compensation for the damage arising from the unlawful processing of your personal data.
You can send your requests to us (Association for Struggle Against Sexual Violence) regarding your rights hereunder in accordance with the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures for the Request to Data Controller and you can use KVKK Application (Request) Form we have prepared for you.
Date of Publication: 03.01.2021